The event comes after the three previous successful editions of the IEEE Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems which were held respectively in Antibes Juan-Les-Pins (France, SIES2006), Lisbon (Portugal, SIES2007), and La Grande Motte (France, SIES2008).
The aim of the symposium is to bring together researchers and practitioners from industry and academia and provide them with a platform to report on recent developments, deployments, technology trends and research results, as well as initiatives related to embedded systems and their applications in a variety of industrial environments.
Topics within the scope of the Symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Embedded Systems: Design and Validation of Embedded Systems; Real-Time Issues; Models of Embedded Computation; Design and Verification Languages; Operating Systems and Quasi-Static Scheduling; Timing and Performance Analysis; Power Aware Embedded Computing; Adaptive Embedded Systems; Security in Embedded Systems.
- System-on-Chip and Network-on-Chip Design & Testing: Design of Application-Specific Instruction-Set Processors; Design and Programming of Embedded Multiprocessors; SoC Communication and Architectures; NoC Communication and Architectures; Design of SoC/NoC; Platform-Based Design for Embedded Systems; Reconfigurable Platforms; Multiprocessor SoC Platforms and Tools; Testing of Embedded Core-based Integrated Circuits.
- Networked Embedded Systems: Design Issues for Networked Embedded; Middleware Design and Implementation for Networked Embedded Systems; Self Adaptive Networked Entity Sensor Networks: Architectures, Energy-Efficient Medium Access Control, Time Synchronization Issues, Distributed Localization Algorithms, Routing, Distributed Signal Processing, Security.
- Embedded Applications: Industrial Automation and Controls; Automotive Applications; Industrial Building Automation and Control; Power (sub-) Station Automation and Control; Intelligent Sensors, etc. – Design, maintenance, fault tolerance & dependability, networks, infrastructure, safety and security.
- Further information is available online here.