Last year’s edition was a tremendous success: be sure to see the short video clip
and the videos of the lectures
! We had about twice as many applicants as spots available.
This year’s edition will again be held in the beautiful Vercors mountains in Autrans, near Grenoble, Sept 7-11. Attendance is limited to 80, so we will be selecting amongst the candidates.
- Applications are now closed.
- Registration fee is €180 for students, €360 for non-students, which includes meals and lodging (2-3 persons/room) from Sunday dinner to Friday lunch and bus transport from/to the St Exupéry airport and the Grenoble city center. Speakers are in individual rooms.
- The registration fee only partially covers the costs incurred.
The remaining costs are covered by the European Commission’s 7th Framework Programme - ICT.
The school is organised by the ArtistDesign European Network of Excellence on Embedded Systems Design, which gathers 31 top European institutions in the area. ArtistDesign’s mission is to coordinate European research in the area around an ambitious joint research agenda, and to spread excellence through targeted events such as international workshops, schools and seminars.
ArtistDesign has a strong tradition in organising top-quality schools. This is the fifth edition of yearly schools on embedded systems design, and is meant to be exceptional in terms of both breadth of coverage and invited speakers.
This school will bring together some of the best lecturers from Europe and the USA, in a one week programme, and be a fantastic opportunity for interaction.
- Sensor Networks: Theoretical Challenges and Practical Applications
Professor Tarek Abdelzaher (University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA)
- Mobile Cyber-Physical Systems
Professor Luis Almeida (University of Porto, Portugal )
- Machine-assisted design and analysis of certifiably secure protocols
Professor Michael Backes (Saarland University, Germany)
- Techniques for multiprocessor real-time scheduling
Professor Sanjoy Baruah (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA)
- Designing scalable and predictable SoC communication fabrics
Professor Luca Benini (University of Bologna, Italy)
- Tools for Distributed Embedded Systems
Dr. Jan Beutel (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Design Automation Methods for Digital Microfluidic Biochips
Professor Krishnendu Chakrabarty (Duke University, USA)
- Service-oriented architecture based distributed Control and Automation Systems
Dr. Ing. Armando Walter Colombo (Schneider Electric Gmbh, Germany)
- Embedded Systems at THALES: the Artemis challenges for an industrial group
Dr. Gilbert Edelin (Thales Research & Technology, France)
- The HiPEAC 2012-2020 vision
Professor Koen De Bosschere (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Synchronous Programming, and its use for Modeling Non-synchronous Systems
Prof. Nicolas Halbwachs (VERIMAG Laboratory, France)
- The Role of Time in Embedded System Design
Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Hermann Kopetz (TU Vienna, Austria)
- Validation, Performance Analysis and Synthesis of Embedded Systems
Prof. Kim Larsen (Aalborg University, Denmark)
- Everything you (n)ever wanted to know about caches
Dr. Jan Reineke (Saarland University, Germany)
- Scalable Software for MPSoCPlatforms
Professor Lothar Thiele (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Timing Analysis and Timing Predictability:
extension to multi-processor systems
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Reinhard Wilhelm (Saarland University, Germany)
- Verification and Synthesis of Concurrent Programs
Dr. Eran Yahav (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA)
The General Chairs for the school are Joseph Sifakis
and Bruno Bouyssounouse
We seek a balance between foundational aspects and applications. Speakers included recognized leading researchers and engineers.
The school is open to PhD students, researchers, and engineers. Attendance will be limited to 80 selected participants.