The proposed course has two main objectives:
- Introducing the most important concepts and methodologies used to develop a real-time embedded system, including fundamentals of real-time scheduling, control and distributed systems;
- Showing how to apply these concepts in practice, using an embedded platform and a real-time operating system to developed simple control applications and make experience with wireless sensor networks.
The course is developed in five days, each dedicated to a specific topic:
- Basic principles of real-time computing and overview of the embedded platform.
- Lab practice on the real-time kernel and wireless communication.
- Real-time control: theory and practice on the embedded platform.
- Practice on real-time control and wireless sensor networks.
- Project presentation and final exam.