ARTEMIS aims to secure employment in Europe and reinforce European industry’s leading position in Embedded Systems technology, thereby yielding both direct and indirect benefits to the European citizen, Artemis will:
See ARTEMIS online!
- Accelerate the pace of innovation and address the fragmentation of the market by countering the fragmentation of R&D efforts across Europe, private and public, by means of a common and compelling Strategic Research Agenda (SRA)
- Propose practical and efficient structures for stimulating Embedded Systems R&D by implementing a Joint Technology Initiative (JTI) under article 171 of the Treaty, thereby:
- Nurture an innovation eco-system based around world-class Centres of Excellence, gathering systems integrators, technology providers (SMEs and academia) with the capacity to rapidly turn research achievements into innovative products, processes and services for the global market.
- Promote Embedded Systems as a respected curriculum for higher-education
- Ensure that these strategic directions are properly coordinated, to form the backbone of a true European Research Area for Embedded Systems